Hear the story. Then hear the story behind the story.
Enjoy an evening of readings by a selection of authors, including first-time authors. This year, we’ll hear from memoirists and essayists, as well as writers who have crafted, well, craft books.
- Melanie Brooks, Writing Hard Stories
- Dina Honour, winner of Hippocampus Magazine’s 2016 contest
- Joanne M. Lozar Glenn, Memoir Your Way (a co-authored craft book)
- Lara Lillibridge, Girlish (memoir)
- Alexis Paige, Not a Place on Any Map (essay collection)
- Lisa Smith, Girl Walks out of a Bar (memoir)
- Others TBA
A debut authors panel follows.
Debut Author Panel: How I Got Published
Following the readings, our moderator will ask questions about these first-time authors’ writing processes, and how they writers made the transition from unpublished to published.
Bring your questions too, as the panel will end with Q&A with our audience.
- Melanie Brooks
- Joanne M. Lozar Glenn
- Lara Lillibridge
- Alexis Paige
- Lisa Smith
- Others TBA
Moderator: Donna Talarico
Following the readings and panel, the book sale table will re-open and authors with books available will be available for signings.
PHOTO: Last year, Lynn K. Hall read an excerpt from her memoir Caged Eyes.